Re: [pgsql-www] FAQ entry about core outdated

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] FAQ entry about core outdated
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Greetings,

* Jaime Casanova (jaime.casanova@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> If you look at https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/FAQ#Who_is_the_PostgreSQL_Core_Team.3F
> it says currently there are 6 members on the core team but
> https://www.postgresql.org/community/contributors/ (the page it links
> to) says there are 5.
>
> which one is right? i would prefer to remove the "(currently xxx)"
> from te FAQ page to avoid them become inconsistent again.

Well, there's a few different things wrong with the wiki page, not just
that.  https://www.postgresql.org/community/contributors/ is the
canoncial resource for this information and it is correct.

The issue with the wiki page is that there are now a few other groups
involved than just core in things like setting release dates.  There's a
release management team (RMT) for each major release, and a release
committee which decides who is on that team.  Also, minor releases have
now been set to a regular release cycle (generally speaking), but
deviations from that would go through the release committee.

Thanks!

Stephen

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Jaime Casanova
Сообщение: [pgsql-www] FAQ entry about core outdated
От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] [press] How to update my blog contents on Planet webpage.