Re: [DOCS] Window function docs

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [DOCS] Window function docs
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Thu, Apr  6, 2017 at 06:13:44PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> avg() is going to be evaluated across the current frame, not the whole
> partition.  I don't mind trying to be more precise than "appropriate set",
> but it doesn't help to be apparently precise but wrong.
>
> Not really convinced by the s/regular/normal/g changes.  That doesn't seem
> to clarify much either.  Maybe it would help to define "normal" near here.
> There's a definition in func.sgml (that they are not ordered-set or
> hypothetical-set aggregates) but that's too far away.

This change is not on my patch yes but what do you think about changing
"regular" and "normal" aggregate designations to "generic"?  That seems
clearer because the aggregates work in non-window and window contexts.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] end of the line for Jade and DSSSL
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Window function docs