Re: [HACKERS] transition table behavior with inheritance appearsbroken (was: Declarative partitioning - another take)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] transition table behavior with inheritance appearsbroken (was: Declarative partitioning - another take)
Дата
Ответ на Re: [HACKERS] transition table behavior with inheritance appearsbroken (was: Declarative partitioning - another take)  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: [HACKERS] transition table behavior with inheritance appearsbroken (was: Declarative partitioning - another take)  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Re: [HACKERS] transition table behavior with inheritance appearsbroken (was: Declarative partitioning - another take)  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:

> I suspect that most users would find it more useful to capture all of
> the rows that the statement actually touched, regardless of whether
> they hit the named table or an inheritance child.

Yes, agreed.  For the plain inheritance cases each row would need to
have an indicator of which relation it comes from (tableoid); I'm not
sure if such a thing would be useful in the partitioning case.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] password_encryption, default and 'plain' support
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] password_encryption, default and 'plain' support