Re: [HACKERS] Use of non-restart-safe storage by temp_tablespaces

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Use of non-restart-safe storage by temp_tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Claudio Freire wrote:
> On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 3:53 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > Right now we don't document that temp_tablespaces can use
> > non-restart-safe storage, e.g. /tmp, ramdisks.  Would this be safe?
> > Should we document this?
>
> I have set up things like that, but it's nontrivial.

I think it'd be smart to support the use case directly, because there's
interest in it being actually supported (unlike the statu quo).
Something like restoring the tablespace to the empty state on boot, if
it's known to need it.

От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] psql: Activate pager only for height, not width
От: Petr Jelinek
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] logical replication busy-waiting on a lock