[BUGS] BUG #14876: Segmentation fault with JSONB column used in store procthat gets used by view and later altered

От samuel.horwitz@gmail.com
Тема [BUGS] BUG #14876: Segmentation fault with JSONB column used in store procthat gets used by view and later altered
Дата
Ответы Re: [BUGS] BUG #14876: Segmentation fault with JSONB column used instore proc that gets used by view and later altered  (Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6@gmail.com>)
Re: [BUGS] BUG #14876: Segmentation fault with JSONB column used instore proc that gets used by view and later altered  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      14876
Logged by:          Samuel Horwitz
Email address:      samuel.horwitz@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 10.0
Operating system:   OS X (but running inside Docker official image)

I have a table that includes a JSONB column. I have a view that is based on
this table that reflects this JSONB column. I have yet another view, based
on the first view, that passes rows from the first view into a stored
PL/PGSQL procedure as anyelement. This stored procedure builds a JSON object
from it's input and returns that new JSON object. One of the values on the
new JSON object is the value of the JSONB column that has gone through two
views by this point, into the procedure.

At this point everything works. Selecting from the second view is fine.

However, if I alter the stored procedure's resulting JSON in any way, this
will cause selecting from the second view to trigger a segfault.

The solution is easy: regenerate the second view by just CREATE OR
REPLACEing it with the existing definition.

I have created a public Gist with reproduction steps and dumps, attached
here:
https://gist.github.com/samuelhorwitz/0bc77a517238914512fc8cdf50d217cd

Please scroll to the bottom (or click here
https://gist.github.com/samuelhorwitz/0bc77a517238914512fc8cdf50d217cd#gistcomment-2240442)
to see my steps.

This happens in 9.6.5 as well as 10.

Samuel Horwitz

От: Samuel Horwitz
Сообщение: [BUGS] Segmentation fault with JSONB column from view passed into storedPL/PGSQL procedure that builds a new JSON return value
От: Dmitry Dolgov
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #14876: Segmentation fault with JSONB column used instore proc that gets used by view and later altered