Re: [GENERAL] Backup strategy using 'wal_keep_segments'

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Backup strategy using 'wal_keep_segments'
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

* Rhhh Lin (ruanlinehan@hotmail.com) wrote:
> I would actually be an advocate for using a proper archive_command in order to facilitate a proper (Per the
documentation)PITR and backup strategy.

Glad to hear it.

> However, a colleague had suggested such a creative approach (Possibly, less administrative overhead, ease of
maintenance?I'm not sure) and I struggled to find any evidence online in blogs/white-papers/documentation that this was
afeasible approach. That said, I couldn't find any info rejecting it as a method either, which led me to post here.
Essentially,this was a difference of opinion on approach, and I was looking to gather information in order to make an
informedopposing argument.

I'd strongly suggest considering tried-and-true approachs instead of
coming up with something novel, particularly when it comes to backups
and recovery.

Thanks!

Stephen

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Backup strategy using 'wal_keep_segments'
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] pg_audit to mask literal sql