Re: money type's overflow handling is woefully incomplete

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: money type's overflow handling is woefully incomplete
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2017-12-12 11:01:04 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Long story short, I don't think anyone cares about this enough to
> > spend effort fixing it.  I suspect the money data type has very few
> > users.

I'm unfortunately not so sure :(.

> Somebody did contribute the effort not too long ago to install that
> overflow check into cash_in.  So maybe somebody will step up and fix
> the other money functions.  I can't get too excited about it in the
> meantime.

I can't really either. But I think that kinda suggest we ought to rip
that code out in the not too far away future.

The background is that I was working on committing the faster (&
correct) overflow checks, and wanted to compile postgres with -ftrapv.
Some rudimentary cash (as well as pgbench, rel/abstime) fixes were
required to make the tests succeed...

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Jeremy Finzel
Сообщение: Backfill bgworker Extension?
От: Chapman Flack
Сообщение: Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit