Re: libpq options

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: libpq options
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Thu, Mar 01, 2018 at 01:35:54AM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
>> A Boolean value of <literal>true</literal> tells the backend
>> +       to go into walsender mode, wherein a small set of replication commands
>> +       can be issued instead of SQL statements.
>
> This actually is wrong now I think. Petr?

On more or less HEAD:
$ psql -X -d "replication=1 dbname=postgres"
postgres=# create table aa (a int);
ERROR:  cannot execute SQL commands in WAL sender for physical replication
$ psql -X -d "replication=database dbname=postgres"
postgres=# create table aa (a int);
CREATE TABLE

So one needs to use replication=database in order to be able to issue
normal SQL statements, while replication=true enforces physical
replication where this cannot happen (no connection to a specified
database).
--
Michael

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Document WaitForBackgroundWorkerShutdown and fix bgworker typo
От: Greg k
Сообщение: Postgres 10 and the pg_ctl "--wait" option