Re: Syndicating PostgreSQL mailing list to Discourse

От Ian Zimmerman
Тема Re: Syndicating PostgreSQL mailing list to Discourse
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2018-05-25 14:03, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> > If our mirror archive gets enough traction we'd like to make it
> > possible to sign up to the forum and seamlessly interact with the
> > mailing list,
>
> Well 'seamlessly works' would be the important part. In the past when
> this was tried(can't remember the who) the posts lagged noticeably and
> content went missing.

Also (as with any kind of message gateway) please, Please, **PLEASE**
preserve the Message-ID when crossing the boundaries.  Otherwise
threading goes out of the window, despite the best efforts of those
among us who still care about it.

This is the reason why I stopped following gnu.* hierarchy (which is
joined two way with @gnu.org mailing lists by Mailman, and Mailman
violates this rule).  If you do it wrong, I'll stop following this list
too.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Syndicating PostgreSQL mailing list to Discourse
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Fast logical replication jump start with PG 10