Re: Template0 datfrozenxid age is 160million and progressing

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Template0 datfrozenxid age is 160million and progressing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2018-08-01 12:07:16 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On 2018-08-01 10:24:24 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> IMO, the action you need to take is enabling autovacuum.  We've
> >> seen many many people go down the path you are taking, and it's
> >> generally led to no good in the end.  Manual vacuuming tends
> >> to miss stuff, and it cannot react adequately to activity spikes.
>
> > But it shouldn't matter here, autovacuum will start regardless, no?
>
> Sure, once it decides that emergency anti-wraparound vacuuming is
> necessary.  I really doubt the OP wants that to happen; it's the
> exact opposite of non-intrusive.

That's solely what would trigger it were autovacuum enabled, too? I've
complained about "emergency anti-wraparound" beeing anything but
emergency (they're largely unavoidable unless you manually script it),
but they're what happen once autovacuum_freeze_max_age is reached, and
that's the only trigger for vacuuming old relations independent of other
activity?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Template0 datfrozenxid age is 160million and progressing
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Template0 datfrozenxid age is 160million and progressing