Re: Adding PGInstaller to the Downloads section

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Adding PGInstaller to the Downloads section
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 01:19:28PM -0400, Jonathan Katz wrote:
>     On Aug 28, 2018, at 1:06 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>     Whether it's the EDB one or another one is a separate discussion, but we've
>     been recommending the EDB one for a long time and none of our users have
>     (AFAIK) complained about it (except when download servers have been down.
>     Personally I'd really like to see the binaries hosted on the postgresql.org
>      servers instead, but again that's an at least partially separate
>     discussion).
>
> Partially separate discussion, but probably a separate discussion. However,
> since you opened it up, I would say +1 for it, but I understand there are
> additional considerations the infrastructure needs to make around hosting
> that, in addition to “which installer is chosen.”

Well, if we have another installer provider who has similar or better
performance for things we care about, e.g. reliable updates, support,
_and_ is willing to host the binaries where we want them, we can switch
to them.  While it is kind of disloyal to change preferred providers, we
also didn't agree to have them be preferred forever, especially if
someone better shows up.  Of course, switching might be disruptive for
our installers uses, so we have to consider that too.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: Adding PGInstaller to the Downloads section
От: Justin Clift
Сообщение: Re: Adding PGInstaller to the Downloads section