Re: settings to control SSL/TLS protocol version

От David Fetter
Тема Re: settings to control SSL/TLS protocol version
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 05, 2018 at 03:01:58PM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 4:21 PM Peter Eisentraut
> > There have been some requests to be able to select the TLS versions
> > PostgreSQL is using.  We currently only hardcode that SSLv2 and SSLv3
> > are disabled, but there is also some interest now in disabling TLSv1.0
> > and TLSv1.1.  Also, I've had some issues in some combinations with the
> > new TLSv1.3, so there is perhaps also some use for disabling at the top end.
> >
> > Attached is a patch that implements this.  For example:
> >
> >     ssl_min_protocol_version = 'TLSv1'
> >     ssl_max_protocol_version = 'any'
>
> +1.  Maybe it would make sense to spell 'any' as the empty string.
> Intuitively, it makes more sense to me to think about there being no
> maximum than to think about the maximum being anything.

..and now, I'm finally beginning to see the reasoning that led Oracle
to conflate NULL and empty string.

Best,
David.
Phone: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: replication_slots usability issue
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Why do pg_upgrade's test use the serial schedule?