Re: VOPS-2.0

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: VOPS-2.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018-Nov-28, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 01:01:03PM +0300, Konstantin Knizhnik wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to introduce new version of VOPS extension for Postgres (vectorized
> > operations) providing new, more convenient way of usage:
> > auto-substitution of projections.
>
> [Announce post moved to hackers.]
>
> I remember the good performance numbers from this feature.  How does
> this interact with the JIT executor feature, which is also designed to
> speed up the executor?  Is it something that can be combined with JIT?

ISTM that VOPS is a temporary hack that we'll need to include in some
form eventually, but that basing it on top of pluggable storage would be
a better way forward than the current proposal.

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: New function pg_stat_statements_reset_query() to resetstatistics of a specific query
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Unnecessary asterisk in comment in postgres_fdw.c