Re: LDAP authenticated session terminated by signal 11: Segmentationfault, PostgresSQL server terminates other active server processes

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: LDAP authenticated session terminated by signal 11: Segmentationfault, PostgresSQL server terminates other active server processes
Дата
Ответ на Re: LDAP authenticated session terminated by signal 11: Segmentationfault, PostgresSQL server terminates other active server processes  (Mike Yeap <wkk1020@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Greetings Mike,

* Mike Yeap (wkk1020@gmail.com) wrote:
> Hi Thomas, I see..... guess I can't use LDAP authentication for now, :-(

If you're in an active directory environment, you should really be using
Kerberos for authentication and NOT LDAP anyway.  LDAP-based
authentication involves sending the user's password (cleartext) to the
PG server, which is really bad security.  Hopefully you're at least
connecting to PG with SSL, and from PG to LDAP with SSL, but you still
run the issue that a compromised server would expose the password of
everyone connecting to that server, and when you're using a centralized
authentication system like LDAP, that one password gets you access to
everything that account has access to.

Thanks!

Stephen

От: Steve Atkins
Сообщение: Re: Replication
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Channel binding not supported using scram-sha-256 passwords