Re: propagating replica identity to partitions

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: propagating replica identity to partitions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Mar-29, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> On 2019-03-28 18:16, Simon Riggs wrote:
> > SET TABLESPACE should not recurse because it copies the data, while
> > holding long locks. If that was ever fixed so it happened concurrently,
> > I would agree this could recurse by default.
>
> Since a partitioned table has no storage, what is the meaning of moving
> a partitioned table to a different tablespace without recursing?

Changing the tablespace of a partitioned table currently means to set a
default tablespace for partitions created after the change.

Robert proposed to change it so that it means to move every partition to
that tablespace, unless ONLY is specified.  Simon objects to that change.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Speed up transaction completion faster after many relations areaccessed in a transaction
От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: Re: query logging of prepared statements