Re: itemptr_encode/itemptr_decode

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: itemptr_encode/itemptr_decode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2019-04-17 18:57:00 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> What on God's green earth are these functions doing in
> src/include/catalog/index.h?

> They don't have any obvious connection to indexes, let alone
> catalog operations on indexes, which is what that file is for.

Well, they were previously declared & defined in
src/backend/catalog/index.c - that's where the location is coming from
(and where they still are defined). And they're currently only used to
implement the index validation scans, which requires the validation scan
to decode item pointers stored in the tuplesort presented to it.

I'm happy to move them elsewhere, but I'm not sure there's really a good
location. I guess we could move them to itemptr.h - but they're not
really something particularly generally usable.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: itemptr_encode/itemptr_decode
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: itemptr_encode/itemptr_decode