Re: Figuring out the correct age of datfrozenxid

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Figuring out the correct age of datfrozenxid
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 2019-Jul-25, Yuri Niyazov wrote:

> all the tables have a very reasonable age, but the database itself still
> has an age approaching two billion. So, what do we do now?

I think vacuuming any table will update the database age.  For instance,
try creating an empty table and do "vacuum freeze" on it.

> Were we wrong to truncate and drop this unneeded table without letting
> a vacuum on it finish?

That seems an appropriate measure to have taken  You just need to have
the system figure out that it's gone.

От: Yuri Niyazov
Сообщение: Figuring out the correct age of datfrozenxid
От: Mariel Cherkassky
Сообщение: upgrading cluster with 2 nodes to new major version