Re: BUG #15940: json_populate_recordset fails with ERROR: recordtype has not been registered

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #15940: json_populate_recordset fails with ERROR: recordtype has not been registered
Дата
Re: BUG #15940: json_populate_recordset fails with ERROR: record type has not been registered  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Aug 06, 2019 at 02:53:45PM -0500, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> For posterity I agree that OP was essentially exploiting undefined, or
> at least poorly defined, behavior.  For my money, I'd advise using
> this function for cases where you don't want to use an in place type,
> just a column list:

If I were to change something here, that would be this error string
exposed to the user.  With the current error, there is no real way
that the user knows what is wrong and why he/she should not do that.
Could it be possible to add some recommendation for example on top of
an error "cannot do that because blah"?
--
Michael

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Error in COPY command with files over 1GB
От: "dsge94@outlook.com"
Сообщение: [HELP] Unable to initiate database cluster