Re: How to check if a field exists in NEW in trigger

От Peter J. Holzer
Тема Re: How to check if a field exists in NEW in trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2019-08-07 15:54:33 -0700, Igal @ Lucee.org wrote:
> There is no reason, however, for an email address to be not-lower-cased, so
> while in some cases (no pun intended) it makes sense to keep the original
> CaSe while performing a case insensitive comparison, when it comes to email
> addresses I rather collapse the value upon insertion/update.

You should be aware that according to the specs, the local part of an
email address is case-sensitive. So JoeSmith@example.com and
JoESmith@example.com might be two distinct email addresses.

Admittedly I've never seen that in practice (although I've seen a lot of
other problems caused by people who made unwarranted assumptions about
email addresses).

        hp

От: Harold Falkmeyer
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 Tablespace Inconsistency
От: Souvik Bhattacherjee
Сообщение: Bulk Inserts