Re: BUG #15954: Unable to alter partitioned table to set logged

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #15954: Unable to alter partitioned table to set logged
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 01:57:26PM +1200, David Rowley wrote:
> I'd say it's broken in a sense that we can create an unlogged
> partitioned table in the first place.  I think that should have been
> blocked.

I don't think that it is that crazy to be able to define a partitioned
table as unlogged, assuming that we could use that to make the
children inherit the same state.  We don't allow a mix of temporary
tables and permanent tables as temp table's state does not persist
after the session ends leading to a mess with dependency handling for
the partition tree, but we cannot have that problem with unlogged
tables.
--
Michael

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15954: Unable to alter partitioned table to set logged
От: "Efrain J. Berdecia"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15954: Unable to alter partitioned table to set log