Re: pg12 rc1 on CentOS8 depend python2

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: pg12 rc1 on CentOS8 depend python2
Дата
Re: pg12 rc1 on CentOS8 depend python2  (keisuke kuroda <keisuke.kuroda.3862@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Re: Devrim Gündüz 2019-09-30 <21705bb57210f01b559ec2f5de8550df586324e2.camel@gunduz.org>
> I think postgresql-contrib-py3 is really the best idea at this point, otherwise
> I cannot see a clean way to make this without breaking existing installations.

Users of these (now contrib) modules need to have
postgresql12-plpython3 installed anyway, so it's unlikely you'd be
breaking anyone's installation.

> I cannot move those contrib modules under plpython* subpackage -- I mean, I
> *can, but then the installations will break in next upgrade. OTOH, I can add
> Requires: -contrb for plpython package, then it will be the same problem.

There must be a way to move a file from one package to another?
(In .deb, this requires
Replaces: sourcedeb (<< newversion)
Conflits: sourcedeb (<< newversion)
in the target package.)