Re: releasing space

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: releasing space
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 04:34:32PM -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>On 10/19/19 4:17 PM, Julie Nishimura wrote:
>>Thank you, Thomas. Do you know if it is safe to replicate 9.6.2
>>(smaller) db to 9.6.15 (larger capacity) using pg_basebackup? Would
>>it be considered as an upgrade?
>
>pg_basebackup backups an entire Postgres cluster which will be many
>databases. So when you say db do mean a Postgres cluster or an
>individual database?

My understanding is Julie wants to create a copy of a 9.6.2 cluster
using pg_basebackup and then run 9.6.15 on it. That's OK, it's
essentially a minor version upgrade.

FWIW Julie, please don't top post - it just makes it harder to follow
the discussion. Also, this seems like a completely separate question,
unrelated to the DROP DATABLASE one. It might be better to start a new
thread instead of repurposing an existing one.

regards