Re: A question about building pg-libphonenumber

От stan
Тема Re: A question about building pg-libphonenumber
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 02:19:15PM +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Hi
>
> ??t 22. 10. 2019 v 14:15 odes??latel stan <stanb@panix.com> napsal:
>
> > OK, this seems a stupid question, but I do not see the answer.
> >

> > I downloaded pg-libphonenumber, and am going to try to build it for PG
> > version 11. Looks like the last build was against version 9.6.
> >
> > It builds fine, the issue comes in when I try to do a make install. It
> > wants to install in the appropriate directory tree for 9.6. Should be a
> > simple thing to change, right? But greping around, I cannot seem to find
> > where this is defend. it is NOT in the Makefile.
> >
> > Can someone tell me where to change this to try it against the version of
> > the DB engine I am running?
> >

> The build and installation is controlled by small application - pg_config
>
> [pavel@nemesis libvterm]$ pg_config --libdir
> /usr/local/pgsql/lib
> [pavel@nemesis libvterm]$ pg_config --sharedir
> /usr/local/pgsql/share
>
> if you have more versions on your comp, it is important what pg_config is
> executed - depends on PATH

Thanks, yes turns out I had the wrong development package installed (I am
on Ubuntu). I removed the wrong one, and installed the correct one.

BUT, now I am getting this error at the "make install" step:

cd '/usr/lib/postgresql/11/lib/bitcode' && /usr/lib/llvm-6.0/bin/llvm-lto
-thinlto -thinlto-action=thinlink -o pg_libphonenumber.index.bc
pg_libphonenumber/src/error_handling.bc
pg_libphonenumber/src/pg_libphonenumber.bc
pg_libphonenumber/src/packed_phone_number.bc
error: can't create module summary index for buffer: Expected a single
module
LLVM ERROR: ThinLink didn't create an index
/usr/lib/postgresql/11/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk:229: recipe for
target 'install' failed

Any thoughts on this?
neither liberty nor safety."
                        -- Benjamin Franklin

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: A question about building pg-libphonenumber
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: A question about building pg-libphonenumber