FW: Re: A question about building pg-libphonenumber

От stan
Тема FW: Re: A question about building pg-libphonenumber
Дата
Список pgsql-general
----- Forwarded message from Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> -----

Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 14:43:17 +0200
From: Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>
To: stan <stanb@panix.com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: A question about building pg-libphonenumber

??t 22. 10. 2019 v 14:37 odes??latel stan <stanb@panix.com> napsal:

> On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 02:19:15PM +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > ??t 22. 10. 2019 v 14:15 odes??latel stan <stanb@panix.com> napsal:
> >
> > > OK, this seems a stupid question, but I do not see the answer.
> > >

> > > I downloaded pg-libphonenumber, and am going to try to build it for PG
> > > version 11. Looks like the last build was against version 9.6.
> > >
> > > It builds fine, the issue comes in when I try to do a make install. It
> > > wants to install in the appropriate directory tree for 9.6. Should be a
> > > simple thing to change, right? But greping around, I cannot seem to
> find
> > > where this is defend. it is NOT in the Makefile.
> > >
> > > Can someone tell me where to change this to try it against the version
> of
> > > the DB engine I am running?
> > >

> > The build and installation is controlled by small application - pg_config
> >
> > [pavel@nemesis libvterm]$ pg_config --libdir
> > /usr/local/pgsql/lib
> > [pavel@nemesis libvterm]$ pg_config --sharedir
> > /usr/local/pgsql/share
> >
> > if you have more versions on your comp, it is important what pg_config is
> > executed - depends on PATH
> >

> Thanks, yes turns out I had the wrong development package installed (I am
> on Ubuntu). I removed the wrong one, and installed the correct one.
>
> BUT, now I am getting this error at the "make install" step:
>
> cd '/usr/lib/postgresql/11/lib/bitcode' && /usr/lib/llvm-6.0/bin/llvm-lto
> -thinlto -thinlto-action=thinlink -o pg_libphonenumber.index.bc
> pg_libphonenumber/src/error_handling.bc
> pg_libphonenumber/src/pg_libphonenumber.bc
> pg_libphonenumber/src/packed_phone_number.bc
> error: can't create module summary index for buffer: Expected a single
> module
> LLVM ERROR: ThinLink didn't create an index
> /usr/lib/postgresql/11/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk:229: recipe for
> target 'install' failed
>
> Any thoughts on this?

I have not a idea what is it, but I found this message

https://github.com/PierreSenellart/provsql/issues/9

and there is a patch
https://github.com/rdkit/rdkit/issues/2192#issuecomment-445579020

Probably it is problem with some JIT feature flags on Postgres 11 and higher

Pavel

--
> "They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve
> neither liberty nor safety."
>                                                 -- Benjamin Franklin

I did manage to get this package to compile and pass the minimal regression
tests that are included with it.

I would like to submit the modified Makefile that gets it to compile, but i
have never done this with github. Can someone point me to a HOWTO to do
this, please?

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: pg_hba & ldap
От: Josef Šimánek
Сообщение: Re: FW: Re: A question about building pg-libphonenumber