Re: The state of the website survey

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: The state of the website survey
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 02:32:37PM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 4:39 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
>
>     On 11/20/19 6:11 AM, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>     > The survey on the website continues to be neglected, to the point of it
>     looking
>     > a bit silly.  The current survey was published in October 2018, and
>     refers to
>     > v11.  Since January 2014 we've posted only 7 surveys in total.
>     >
>     > I have a vague memory of the state of the survey being discussed before,
>     but I
>     > fail to find the reference in the archives now.  If memory serves me
>     right, the
>     > outcome was "let's try and revive it, and else remove it".
>     >
>     > IMO the survey isn't helping us in its current state, adds work that
>     noone
>     > seems keen on doing and makes the website look dated.  Should we remove
>     it?
>
>     If someone wants to help keep it up, I'm happy for it to stay up.
>
>     Otherwise, I'm equally happy to drop (hide) it.
>
>     IMV while it is a neat little interactive widget we have on the website,
>     I'm not sure if it is providing any value to our users at this point,
>     even if it were kept up to date.
>

> Yeah, I doubt there is much value even if we do keep it maintained. And right
> now when it's not being maintained, it adds zero or even negative value.
>
> +1 for dropping it.

I agree that even if we updated it, no one has any use for the results.
Has it been removed yet?  I don't see any pgweb commit about it.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com"
Сообщение: RE: "Resend" in mail archive does not recognize the change of emailaddress
От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: The state of the website survey