Re: Not my day :-( Another syntax error

От stan
Тема Re: Not my day :-( Another syntax error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 10:39:54AM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
> You should probably send that reply again using reply-to-all.
>
> Dave
>

> On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 10:38 AM stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:

> > > You have two SELECTs.  The "inner" one has a FROM clause attached to it
> > > providing columns from the "inserted" CTE.  The "outer" one doesn't have
> > > FROM clause and so doesn't have access to columns.  The "outer" SELECT
> > > project_cost_category_key is thus invalid.
> > >

> >                                 INSERT into project_bom
> >                                 (project_key, bom_name)
> >                         VALUES
> >                                 (NEW.project_key , 'Main')
> >                         RETURNING
> >                                 project_bom_key
> >                         )
> >                         SELECT  project_bom_key INTO NEW.project_bom_key
> > = ( SELECT
> >                                 project_bom_key
> >                          FROM inserted )
> >                         ;
> >
> > Which is working, to the best of my knowledge. BTW the oen I am having
> > trouble with originaly had:
> >
> > RETURBING project_cost_category_key
> >
> > Bit I changed that to * during my debuging efforts.
> >
> > Please tell me if I am looking at this worng.
> >
> > And thatnls for looking through my really long post

Turns out, you were correct, changed it to:

DROP FUNCTION default_cost_category() CASCADE;

CREATE FUNCTION default_cost_category()
RETURNS trigger AS $$
DECLARE _cost_category_key numeric;
BEGIN
    /* ZZZZZ */
        if NEW.project_cost_category_key IS NULL
    THEN
        /* DEBUG
                RAISE NOTICE 'Called default_cost_category() and NEW.project_cost_category_key is NULL' ;
        */
         _cost_category_key =
        (
            SELECT
                project_cost_category_key
            FROM
                project_cost_category
            WHERE
                category = 'MISC'
        )
        ;
        /* DEBUG
        RAISE NOTICE '_cost_category_key = %', _cost_category_key ;
        */
        IF _cost_category_key is NULL
        THEN
            WITH inserted AS (
                INSERT into project_cost_category
                (category)
            VALUES
                ('MISC')
            RETURNING
                *
            )
            SELECT  project_cost_category_key
                INTO NEW.project_cost_category_key FROM
                ( SELECT
                project_cost_category_key
               FROM
                inserted ) AS project_cost_category_key
            ;
        ELSE
                NEW.project_cost_category_key = _cost_category_key;
        END IF;
    END IF;

        return NEW;
END;
$$
LANGUAGE PLPGSQL
SECURITY DEFINER
    -- Set a secure search_path: trusted schema(s), then 'pg_temp'.
    SET search_path = ica, "user" , public
VOLATILE ;

And all is well.

Thank you!

neither liberty nor safety."
                        -- Benjamin Franklin

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Not my day :-( Another syntax error
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Not my day :-( Another syntax error