Re: reindex concurrently and two toast indexes

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: reindex concurrently and two toast indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 04:06:57PM +0100, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> Sorry, I just realized that I forgot to commit the last changes before sending
> the patch, so here's the correct v2.

Thanks for the patch.

> +    if (skipit)
> +    {
> +        ereport(NOTICE,
> +             (errmsg("skipping invalid index \"%s.%s\"",
> +                 get_namespace_name(get_rel_namespace(indexOid)),
> +                 get_rel_name(indexOid))));

ReindexRelationConcurrently() issues a WARNING when bumping on an
invalid index, shouldn't the same log level be used?

Even with this patch, it is possible to reindex an invalid toast index
with REINDEX INDEX (with and without CONCURRENTLY), which is the
problem I mentioned upthread (Er, actually only for the non-concurrent
case as told about reindex_index).  Shouldn't both cases be prevented
as well with an ERROR?
--
Michael

От: Fujii Masao
Сообщение: Re: Crash by targetted recovery
От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: Collation versioning