Re: unexpected chunk number 2 (expected 0) for toast value ... inpg_toast_18536

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: unexpected chunk number 2 (expected 0) for toast value ... inpg_toast_18536
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On 2020-03-15 20:11:18 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Unfortunately, it seems like you can't do that either, short of
> hacking up the backend or writing some custom C code, because the
> executor won't let you open a toast table as result relation :-(.
> I wonder if we should change it to allow that when
> allow_system_table_mods is true?  This isn't the first time we've
> seen people need to be able to do surgery on a toast table.

I'd be mildly in favor. But it's considerably more than just the
executor check that'd need to change. We don't the right thing for toast
relations in plenty places right now, because we just check for
RELKIND_RELATION - which will break junkvars etc.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: unexpected chunk number 2 (expected 0) for toast value ... inpg_toast_18536
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: unexpected chunk number 2 (expected 0) for toast value ... inpg_toast_18536