Re: surprisingly slow creation of gist index used in excludeconstraint

От ktm@rice.edu
Тема Re: surprisingly slow creation of gist index used in excludeconstraint
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Quoting Chris Withers <chris@withers.org>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm upgrading a database from 9.4 to 11.5 by dumping from the old
> cluster and loading into the new cluster.
>
> The database is tiny: around 2.3G, but importing this table is
> proving problematic:
> Column          |       Type        |                        Modifiers
> I feel like asking what I'm doing wrong here? The new server is
> pretty decent hardware...
>
> Concrete questions:
>
> - what, if anything, am I getting badly wrong here?
>
> - what can I do to speed up creation of this index?
>
> - failing that, what can I do to import and then create the index       in
> the background?
>
> As you can imagine, a 15hr outage for an upgrade has not met with
> large amounts of happiness from the people whose application it is
> ;-)
>
> Chris
Hi Chris,

This sounds like a candidate for pg_logical replicating from the old
to new system.

Regards,
Ken

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: vacuumdb --jobs deadlock: how to avoid pg_catalog ?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: surprisingly slow creation of gist index used in exclude constraint