Re: Policy on cross-posting to multiple lists

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Policy on cross-posting to multiple lists
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Greetings,

* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > I haven't (yet) reconfigured any lists. But right now all our general lists
> > have policy "allow". Should we more or less change all our public lists to
> > be "moderate"?
>
> The only case that might be a bad idea IMO is cross-posts between
> pgsql-bugs and other lists.  I could personally do without that case
> too, but we have done it often in the past (and I think there's at
> least one such thread active right now).

Such cases wouldn't be dropped- just moderated, at least until/unless we
implement something to allow bypassing that moderation in some cases.

+1 for enabling it across the board and then we can keep an eye on it
and if it becomes a lot of effort for moderators or we end up with
things getting too delayed then we can always adjust either the lists
this is applied to, or have a mechanism/flag to allow certain posters to
bypass this particular moderation, or similar.

In addition, I would add this to: https://www.postgresql.org/list/

Tip #3: Choose the most appropriate list

Choose the most appropriate individual list for your question-
please do not cross-post between the mailing lists (unless there is a
specific reason, such as a confirmed bug reported on -bugs leading into
a discussion which is appropriate for -hackers).  Cross-posted emails
(ones where more than one list is included in the To or CC) will be
moderated and therefore will also take longer to reach subscribers.

(or something along those lines)

Lastly, let's make sure to notify all the moderators explicitly of the
change- I'm not sure if all of them follow -www.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Policy on cross-posting to multiple lists
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Policy on cross-posting to multiple lists