Re: Minor documentation error regarding streaming replication protocol

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Minor documentation error regarding streaming replication protocol
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Fri, 18 Dec 2020 10:18:45 +0900, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote in
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 03:13:25PM -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:
> > On second thought, I'm going to retract this patch. The docs[1] say:
> >
> > "You can, if you like, add comments to a history file to record your
> > own notes about how and why this particular timeline was created. Such
> > comments will be especially valuable when you have a thicket of
> > different timelines as a result of experimentation."
>
> This actually rings a bell.  Now that I think about it, I have seen in
> the past Japanese customers making use of Japanese characters in
> history files.  I am adding Fujii-san and Horiguchi-san in CC for more
> details as I recall that they were involved in such things, with
> pg_rman coming first into mind.  (No idea about French users.)

Sorry, my faint memory says that something like that happened on
backup label but I don't recall that clearly.

pg_basebackup can set the LABEL field in the file and the string fed
to the command's "-l" option is copied to there as-is (that is,
getting no conversion), as far as client encoding is valid as server
encoding. (since database encoding of walsender is always SQL_ASCII)
I'm not sure it is the expected behavior.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: xid wraparound danger due to INDEX_CLEANUP false
От: "osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com"
Сообщение: how to use valgrind for TAP tests