Re: libpq debug log

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: libpq debug log
Дата
RE: libpq debug log  ("iwata.aya@fujitsu.com" <iwata.aya@fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 18 Mar 2021 07:34:36 +0000, "tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com" <tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com> wrote in
> From: Iwata, Aya/岩田 彩 <iwata.aya@fujitsu.com>
> > > Yes, precisely, 2 bytes for the double quotes needs to be subtracted
> > > as
> > > follows:
> > >
> > >     len = fprintf(...);
> > >     *cursor += (len - 2);
> >
> > Thank you for your advice. I changed pqTraceOutputString set cursor to fprintf
> > return -2.
> > And I removed cursor movement from that function.
>
> Ouch, not 2 but 3, to include a single whitespace at the beginning.
>
> The rest looks good.  I hope we're almost at the finish line.

Maybe.

At Wed, 17 Mar 2021 13:36:32 -0300, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote in
> In pqTraceOutputString(), you can use the return value from fprintf to
> move the cursor -- no need to count chars.
>
> I still think that the message-type specific functions should print the
> message type, rather than having the string arrays.

In other words, pqTraceOutputMessage recognizes message id and calls
the function corresponding one-on-one to the id. So the functions
knows what is the message type of myself and there's no reason for
pqTraceOutputMessage to print the message type on its behalf.

+ pqTraceOutputR(const char *message, FILE *f)
+ {
+     int    cursor = 0;
+
+     pqTraceOutputInt32(message, &cursor, f);

I don't understand the reason for spliting message and &cursor here.

+ pqTraceOutputR(const char *message, FILE *f)
+ {
+     char *p = message;
+
+     pqTraceOutputInt32(&p, f);

works well.

+/* RowDescription */
+static void
+pqTraceOutputT(const char *message, int end, FILE *f)
+{
+    int    cursor = 0;
+    int nfields;
+    int    i;
+
+    nfields = pqTraceOutputInt16(message, &cursor, f);
+
+    for (i = 0; i < nfields; i++)
+    {
+        pqTraceOutputString(message, &cursor, end, f);
+        pqTraceOutputInt32(message, &cursor, f);
+        pqTraceOutputInt16(message, &cursor, f);
+        pqTraceOutputInt32(message, &cursor, f);
+        pqTraceOutputInt16(message, &cursor, f);
+        pqTraceOutputInt32(message, &cursor, f);
+        pqTraceOutputInt16(message, &cursor, f);
+    }
+}

I didn't looked closer, but lookong the usage of the variable "end",
something's wrong in the function.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Since '2001-09-09 01:46:40'::timestamp microseconds are lost when extracting epoch
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: SSL SNI