Re: Feature improvement: can we add queryId for pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity view?

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Feature improvement: can we add queryId for pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity view?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 08:10:54PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 01:03:16AM +0100, Hannu Krosing wrote:
> > It would be really convenient if user-visible serialisations of the query id
> > had something that identifies the computation method.
> >
> > maybe prefix 'N' for internal, 'S' for pg_stat_statements etc.
> >
> > This would immediately show in logs at what point the id calculator was changed
>
> Yeah, but it an integer, and I don't think we want to change that.

Also, with Bruce's approach to ask extensions to error out if they would
overwrite a queryid the only way to change the calculation method is a restart.
So only one source can exist in the system.

Hopefully that's a big enough hammer that administrators will know what method
they're using.

От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: Re: pglz compression performance, take two
От: Etsuro Fujita
Сообщение: Re: Asynchronous Append on postgres_fdw nodes.