Re: Link t the souce code

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Link t the souce code
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Hello

On 2021-May-04, Daniel Westermann (DWE) wrote:

> reading this: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/install-getsource.html
> I wonder if the link should not directly point to the relevant release, e.g.:
> https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v13.2/
>
> To me that seems to be more convenient than figuring that out on
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/. The initial page is about
> getting the source code, so links to packages/binaries are not
> required if someone is looking for the source.

I agree -- if the user wanted packages, they would not be reading that
page of the docs.  I'd just have it point to the same page that the
download page points to for source downloads, not a version-specific
one, as in the attached patch.

How does it look?

--
Álvaro Herrera                            39°49'30"S 73°17'W

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Foreign Keys being able to reference same table not spelled out in documentation
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Link t the souce code