Re: pg_stat_statements requires compute_query_id

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: pg_stat_statements requires compute_query_id
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Pavel,

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 04:36:16PM +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> I tested features of Postgres 14. The extension pg_stat_statements didn't
> work to me until I enabled compute_query_id. Is it expected behaviour?

Yes.

> I expected just an empty column query_id and workable extension. This
> doesn't look well.
>
> More, it increases the (little bit) complexity of migration to Postgres 14.

This was already raised multiple times, and the latest discussion can be found
at [1].

Multiple options have been suggested, but AFAICT there isn't a clear consensus
on what we should do exactly, so I've not been able to send a fix yet.

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/35457b09-36f8-add3-1d07-6034fa585ca8%40oss.nttdata.com

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: SQL-standard function body
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft