Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 08:52:44PM +1200, David Rowley wrote:
> On Mon, 10 May 2021 at 18:03, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > I need clarification on many items, and the document still needs its
> > items properly ordered, and markup added.  I also expect a lot of
> > feedback.
>
> Thanks for drafting that up.
>
> > Add executor method to cache results from the inner-side of joins (David Rowley)
>
> I think it would be more accurate to say "inner-side of nested loop joins".

OK, thanks.  I suspected that was true.

> > Allow efficient retrieval of heap rows via tid (Edmund Horner, David Rowley)
>
> I'd say we already had that feature with TID Scan. Maybe it would be
> better to write:
>
> "Allow efficient heap scanning on ranges of tids (Edmund Horner, David Rowley)"

I went with:

    Allow efficient heap scanning of a range of tids (Edmund Horner,
    David Rowley)

> > Improve the performance of parallel sequential scans (Thomas Munro, David Rowley)
>
> I think it is worth mentioning "I/O" before "performance".  This
> change won't really help cases if all the table's pages are already in
> shared buffers.

I went with:

    Improve the performance of parallel sequential I/O scans (Thomas Munro,
    David Rowley)

От: Maciek Sakrejda
Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_statements requires compute_query_id
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_statements requires compute_query_id