Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 07:39:17PM +0200, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> On Mon, 2021-05-10 at 12:38 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I came up with this release note text:
> >
> >     <listitem>
> >     <!--
> >     Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> >     2021-04-03 [55873a00e] Improve psql's behavior when the editor is exited withou
> >     -->
> >
> >     <para>
> >     When editing the previous query or a file with psql's \e, ignore the
> >     contents if the editor exits without saving (Laurenz Albe)
> >     </para>
> >
> >     <para>
> >     Previously, editing the previous query or a file and not saving the
> >     editor contents would still execute the editor contents.  The \ef and
> >     \ev commands also now have this behavior.
> >     </para>
> >     </listitem>
>
> Thanks, that looks much better.
>
> The second paragraph starts describing the previous behavior, but the second
> sentence details on the changes.  Perhaps it would be better to put that into
> the first paragraph:
>
>     <para>
>     When editing the previous query or a file with psql's \e, or when a
>     view or function definition are edited with \ev or \ef, ignore the
>     contents if the editor exits without saving (Laurenz Albe)
>     </para>
>
>     <para>
>     Previously, editing the previous query or a file and not saving the
>     editor contents would still execute the editor contents.
>     </para>

Uh, I try to keep the first sentence short so people can scan it more
easily, so I am hesitant to make this change.  I went with this change:

    <listitem>
    <!--
    Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
    2021-04-03 [55873a00e] Improve psql's behavior when the editor is exited withou
    -->

    <para>
    When editing the previous query or a file with psql's \e, or using \ef and \ev, ignore the contents if the editor
exitswithout saving (Laurenz Albe)

    </para>

    <para>
    Previously, such edits would still execute the editor contents.
    </para>
    </listitem>

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Reducing opr_sanity test's runtime under CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Reducing opr_sanity test's runtime under CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS