Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 12:35:28PM +1200, David Rowley wrote:
> Thanks for making the updates.

> > > I think it is worth mentioning "I/O" before "performance".  This
> > > change won't really help cases if all the table's pages are already in
> > > shared buffers.
> >
> > I went with:
> >
> >         Improve the performance of parallel sequential I/O scans (Thomas Munro,
> >         David Rowley)
>
> I think I'd have gone with:
>
> "Improve I/O performance of parallel sequential scans (Thomas Munro,
> David Rowley)"
>
> The operation we're speeding up is called sequential scan. We don't
> have any operation that's named sequential I/O scan.

OK, new text:

    <listitem>
    <!--
    Author: David Rowley <drowley@postgresql.org>
    2020-07-26 [56788d215] Allocate consecutive blocks during parallel seqscans
    -->

    <para>
    Improve the I/O performance of parallel sequential scans (Thomas Munro, David Rowley)
    </para>

    <para>
    This was done by allocating blocks in groups to parallel workers.
    </para>
    </listitem>

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Replication slot stats misgivings