Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
Дата
Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 09:40:45AM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> Should any of these be included?

New SQL-accessible functionality should be included:
> 8c15a29745 Allow ALTER TYPE to update an existing type's typsubscript value.

These should be merged:
> 756ab29124 Allow pageinspect to inspect GiST indexes (Andrey Borodin, Heikki Linnakangas)
> 9e596b65f4 Add "LP_DEAD item?" column to GiST pageinspect functions

I'm undecided on this one:
> 7db0cd2145 Set PD_ALL_VISIBLE and visibility map bits in COPY FREEZE

People who didn't used to use FREEZE (because it didn't work or otherwise)
might want to start using it.

I'm withdrawing these, as modifications to existing log messages don't need to
be included:

--
Justin

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements
От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft