Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 08:35:14AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 09:41:42PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I think if we keep the output as 'auto', and document that you check
> > pg_stat_activity for a hash to see if it is enabled, that gets us pretty
> > far.
>
> I think keeping the output as 'auto', and documenting that this query
> must be run to determine if the query id is being computed:
>
>     SELECT query_id
>     FROM pg_stat_activity
>     WHERE pid = pg_backend_pid();
>
> is the right approach.

Actually, we talked about huge_pages = try needing to use OS commands to
see if huge pages are being used, so requiring an SQL query to see if
query id is being computed seems reasonable.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements
От: vignesh C
Сообщение: Re: Added missing tab completion for alter subscription set option