Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-May-10, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I have committed the first draft of the PG 14 release notes.  You can
> see the most current  build of them here:
>
>     https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-14.html

Thanks for putting this all together.

> <listitem>
> <!--
> Author: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>
> 2021-04-08 [0827e8af7] autovacuum: handle analyze for partitioned tables
> -->
>
> <para>
> Autovacuum now analyzes partitioned tables (Yuzuko Hosoya)
> </para>

I would add something like:

"The insert, update and delete tuple counts from partitions are
propagated to their parent tables, so autovacuum knows to process them
too."

Because I spent a considerable amount of time on this patch, I think
it's fair to list me as co-author, after Hosoya-san's name.  Same with
the PQtrace() item.

Thanks

--
Álvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
От: Andy Fan
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Improve OR conditions on joined columns (common star schema problem)