Re: Performance degradation of REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Performance degradation of REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021-05-24 12:37:18 +0200, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> Another option might be changes in the binary layout - 5% change is well
> within the range that could be attributed to this, but it feels very
> hand-wavy and more like an excuse than real analysis.

I don't think 5% is likely to be explained by binary layout unless you
look for an explicitly adverse layout.

> Hmmm, thanks for reminding us that patch. Why did we reject that approach in
> favor of the current one?

Don't know about others, but I think it's way too fragile.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Test of a partition with an incomplete detach has a timing issue
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: CALL versus procedures with output-only arguments