Re: query issue

От Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Тема Re: query issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 19:16:41 +0530
Atul Kumar <akumar14871@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> I have an RDS instance with 2GB of RAM, 1 CPU, instance class - t2.small.
>
> If you need any more info please let me know.
>
> and as you shared I need to tweak
> random_page_cost/seq_page_cost/effective_cache_size So please suggest
> which parameter value I need to increase or decrease as I am known
> well with these parameters.

First, did you test with "SELECT _id" instead of "SELECT *" ?

About rand_page_costs/effective_cache_size, the fine manual already give some
explanations and tips:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/runtime-config-query.html

With such a low setup, I'm not sure what you can expect though. What is the
concurrency? How many lines in total? The table size?

От: "email2ssk247@gmail.com"
Сообщение: Re: some questions regarding replication issues and timeline/history files
От: "Holtgrewe, Manuel"
Сообщение: Re: [ext] Re: Losing data because of problematic configuration?