Re: CONCAT function adding extra characters

От Kenneth Marshall
Тема Re: CONCAT function adding extra characters
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> út 15. 6. 2021 v 20:56 odesílatel AI Rumman <rummandba@gmail.com> napsal:

> I am using Postgresql 10 and seeing a strange behavior in CONCAT function
> when I am concatenating double precision and int with a separator.
>
> select concat('41.1'::double precision,':', 20);
>> Result:
>> 41.1000000000000014:20
>

> Value 41.1 which double precision converts to 41.1000000014.
>
> Is that expected?

Hi

0.1 cannot be represented exactly in binary so that does not look out of
line. There are also some config options for extra digits and what not
that may affect the result of a cast.

Regards,
Ken

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: CONCAT function adding extra characters
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: CONCAT function adding extra characters