Re: number of wal file is not reduced.

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: number of wal file is not reduced.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 05, 2021 at 03:18:14PM +0530, Atul Kumar wrote:
> I have postgres 9.6 running server on centos 7, the number of wal file
> in pg_xlog directory is above 4000 so to save some disk space, I
> thought of reducing to 100.
> Please suggest when the number of wal files will be reduced to approx 100.

It's hard to say for sure. There are potential issues that might cause
pg to keep more wal files than configured.

Generally these kinds of things are easier solved in more interactive
medium - like IRC, or Slack.

But, to give you some start, check if:
1. archiving doesn't fail
2. archiving doesn't lag
3. there are no prepared transactions
4. there are no lagging replication slots

Best regards,

depesz

От: Atul Kumar
Сообщение: number of wal file is not reduced.
От: Atul Kumar
Сообщение: wal_keep_segments and max_wal_size