Re: Allow declaration after statement and reformat code to use it

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Allow declaration after statement and reformat code to use it
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 11:40:44AM -0400, Chapman Flack wrote:
> I'm in sympathy with all of those points. I've never believed that the
> arbitrary separation of declaration from use that was forced by C < 99
> made anything more readable. If the project were started now from scratch,
> I would be all in favor of declaring at first use.
>
> But I think Tom's concern about backpatching hazards may carry a lot
> of weight in practice.

I think effectively it would need to be run on all supported versions,
which means the risk of introducing errors would have to be very low.

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: Middleware Messages for FE/BE
От: Hannu Krosing
Сообщение: Re: Middleware Messages for FE/BE