Re: pgsql: Track LLVM 15 changes.

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: pgsql: Track LLVM 15 changes.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Hi,

On 2022-02-16 09:18:53 +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> Yeah I mentioned this problem in the other thread.  I got as far as
> finding this write-up:
>
> https://llvm.org/docs/OpaquePointers.html

Given that major parts of llvm (clang alone contains ~1k references) aren't
yet transitioned, I wonder if should silence them for now?

> I haven't yet tried to work out what we really need to do, but I'm
> planning to try.  Possibly requires a bit more book keeping on our
> part, since eg LLVMGetElementType() is going away.

I can't yet really tell whether it'll be simpler because pointer types aren't
a thing anymore, or harder because the llvmjit_types.c mechanism won't work
well anymore.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: Ensure that length argument of memcmp() isn't seen as negative.
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Track LLVM 15 changes.