Re: make MaxBackends available in _PG_init

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: make MaxBackends available in _PG_init
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 01:08:35PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> It looks sensible to me, although I think I would apply 0003 before 0002.

Great.

> +   if (process_shared_preload_libraries_in_progress &&
> +       !allow_when_loading_preload_libs)
> +       ereport(ERROR,
> +               (errcode(ERRCODE_CANT_CHANGE_RUNTIME_PARAM),
> +                errmsg("cannot change parameters while loading "
> +                       "\"shared_preload_libraries\"")));
> +
>
> I think the error message should mention at least which GUC is being modified.

My intent was to make it clear that no parameters can be updated while
somewhere.  Maybe this could go in a hint?

--
Nathan Bossart

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: WIP: WAL prefetch (another approach)
От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: avoid multiple hard links to same WAL file after a crash