Re: existing row not found by SELECT ... WHERE CTID = ?

От Matthias Apitz
Тема Re: existing row not found by SELECT ... WHERE CTID = ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
El día Mittwoch, Mai 25, 2022 a las 12:51:02 +0200, Laurenz Albe escribió:

> On Wed, 2022-05-25 at 11:21 +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > Is it possible that the PostgreSQL 13.1 server does something by its own to invalidate the rowid?
>
> No.  PostgreSQL may remove a dead row, but a dead row is by definition
> no longer visible, so it wouldn't be found by a query.

We will solve the problem now with setting the session after connect to

   SET SESSION CHARACTERISTICS AS TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL REPEATABLE READ;

(with an appropriate ESQL/C call). Any comments?

Thanks

    matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045

От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: existing row not found by SELECT ... WHERE CTID = ?
От: Christoph Moench-Tegeder
Сообщение: Re: existing row not found by SELECT ... WHERE CTID = ?