Re: windows cfbot failing: my_perl

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: windows cfbot failing: my_perl
Дата
Re: windows cfbot failing: my_perl  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-08-26 21:39:05 +0700, John Naylor wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 9:27 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> >
> > Because perl, extremely unhelpfully, #defines free. Which, not surprisingly,
> > causes issues when including system headers referencing free as well.
> >
> > I don't really see a good solution to this other than hoisting the
> > mb/pg_wchar.h include out to before we include all the perl stuff. That does
> > fix the issue.
>
> We could also move is_valid_ascii somewhere else. It's only
> tangentially related to "wide chars" anyway.

Given the crazy defines of stuff like free, it seems like a good idea to have
a rule that no headers should be included after plperl.h with
PG_NEED_PERL_XSUB_H defined.  It's not like there's not other chances of of
pulling in malloc.h from within pg_wchar.h somehow.

It's a bit ugly to have the mb/pg_wchar.h in plperl.h instead of
plperl_helpers.h, but ...

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: John Naylor
Сообщение: Re: windows cfbot failing: my_perl
От: Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Сообщение: Re: configure --with-uuid=bsd fails on NetBSD